Friday, January 2, 2009

Why you so like that? (Part I)

My bestie hosted a new year's eve dinner at a prestigious club. She and her husband are running a successful business. They used to work in the same company before they decided to venture out on their own.

According to her husband, he and my bestie decided to make sure that their staff will get all the facilities needed to execute their jobs well. They both had the experience of companies not paying them on time, not enough computers to work on, memos and show cause letters were flying around. They're definitely not going to do that.

That explains why no memos were issued to problematic staff in their company. Well, it's their company and they know what they're doing. They've crossed the 11th year mark of the establishment of their business and they're already a millionaire. I am very, very happy for them.

Likewise, because of my previous painful experience as a child, I tend to treat children with great respect. I can still remember my growing up years. I know which house I used to live in when I was a toddler. I can remember being in walker. I can remember the colours of the dresses I wear in my black & white photographs. I can remember a lot of things. Therefore, I don't take children for granted cos I know they can remember.

What we are today, were shaped by series of events that happened in our lives. That's why there is a saying that goes "your destiny is in your hands."

Along the way, I met a lot of characters. Some I like, some I don't. So, I try to learn and be a better person through the people that I met. I don't know if I am a better person now. At least I know that I am now in control of my life.

No comments: